I have some valuable insights now about how I can improve my teaching approach in the future. One of the key takeaways is the importance of being more attentive to students’ reactions throughout the lesson. I realized that observing their body language, facial expressions, and engagement can give me immediate feedback on whether they’re understanding the material or if I need to adjust my approach.
Another takeaway is that I need to ask more simple and low-stakes questions instead of diving too quickly into deep, philosophical ones. I found that asking more accessible questions helped gauge students’ understanding without overwhelming them. These types of questions also encourage participation , before I challenge them with more difficult ideas.
Lastly, I’ve learned to be more practical about time. Students don’t have long attention spans, especially with topics like fractions and percentages that can be abstract. I need to be mindful of how much information I’m giving them in a short period. Breaking the material into smaller chunks and allowing for more interactive activities would help maintain their focus and engagement.
Overall, I feel more confident in my ability to manage time and observe student understanding in future lessons.
No comments:
Post a Comment